Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hey everyone! This is my first blog post pertaining to class, and like I said I will try to keep posting in between so you all can get to know me! J

One of the topics that were suggested to talk about was how we like being an online student. Personally, I love it! I was never one to pay attention in a class-room environment during high school; my mind would always be in other places. Truthfully, I barely passed my classes. Now that I’ve been doing online school though, I seem to have a lot more focus and dedication, and I’m also less tempted to ask others for help and just do everything on my own, which helps me be more independent. I love that I can sit on my couch or on my bed in my sweats, eat dinner, fold laundry and clean my house while I’m in the middle of class (can you tell I love to multi-task!). It would be nice to sometimes have some one-on-one time with teachers, especially with subjects that you’re struggling with (for me, it’s math), but Kaplan has an awesome online tutoring session that you can attend on top of your weekly seminars. I’m happy with my progression here online, and I hope I can continue to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, I agree. Online schooling is awesome. I am doing better by doing it this way, too. Towards the end of high school, I was getting into fights, being a space cadet, and was not really into any of my classes. I was always a class clown, joking and not taking anyone serious. But, now, I am realizing that it is time for seriousness, with a little bit of comedy. If we do not have some kind of fun, how are we going to make the grade and graduate?

    By the way, great photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amanda,

    Well, two of my daughters did not even want to attend high school they were having so much fun. I would drop them off and the school would call to report them absent.

    One is now an environmental scientist with a master's degree and one is mother of two recently returned to college.

    ReplyDelete